Sunday, May 19, 2013

Creamy Smashed Cauliflower


  With summer right around the corner my boyfriend has been begging me to cut back on carbohydrates. So in an effort to keep us both happy (insert smiley face) I decided to reinvent some of my favorite dishes using other, more healthful, ingredients. I recreated my most delicious garlic mashed potatoes using ever so healthy cauliflower and it was a huge success and plentiful-we had creamy smashed cauliflower all week!

 Ingredients

1 large head cauliflower
2 cups water
4 tablespoons butter
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup 1% milk
¼ cup chopped scallion
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

 Steam cauliflower stove top until soft. Drain water from the pot and slightly smash cauliflower, butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper with a fork. Next add milk, cheese and scallions and using an immersion blender fully smash the cauliflower until desired consistency. Garnish with additional shredded cheddar and scallions and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment